Spam emails are either ads in your inbox, or fake emails that are sent to get your personal information.
Here are some tips:
- Does it seem to good to be true? Then don’t open it, or download its attachments, just delete it.
- If its an obvious advertisement (that you didn’t subscribe to) email mark it as spam and its taken care of.
- DO NOT reply to the email, either delete it, or report it.
- If you get spam email that you think is deceptive, forward it to firstname.lastname@example.org. (The FTC uses the spam stored in this database to pursue law enforcement actions against people who send deceptive email.)
- Use email hide. If people want your email they will have to follow a prompt to get your email.
- Use a dummy email to send new emails or use it publicly to prevent your main email from getting targeted.