We always strive to give the customer a complete service
The How to section is there to give you detailed instruction on how to do certain tasks. Please visit this page regulary for updates or submit your question here
1) How do I create a mailing list for my site?
2) Submit your question
How do I create a mailing list for my site
1. Log into cPanel
2. Click on Fantastico
3. Click on phplist
4. Click on new installation
5. Fill out the installation form (set the install directory to something meaningful, ex. Phplist)
6. Method for processing Mail Queue should be set to “Cron”
7. Click Install
8. Click finish install (ek sal aanbeveel jy print die pages wat hy uitskop van hier af elke keer as jy finish tik, want dit bevat inligting oor hom om by lists uit te kom en dit te admin.)
9. Then access phplist via URL, ex. <your domain>/phplist <- That is if phplist directory was created as “phplist”
10. Please note your phplist username and password for admin.
Creating lists and the like.
1. To access phplist admin via URL, ex. <your domain>/phplist/admin <- That is if phplist directory was created as “phplist”
2. Log in via admin account in 10.
3. Do initial list setup from the main menu “setup” <- Here you can do setups for the lists, ex. Create new lists etc.
4. To create a new list click on “create lists”
5. Click “add list” at the bottom to add list.
6. Here you can create your new list.
7. Thereafter it will show a list of your “lists”
8. Click on “view members” for the new list you created.
9. Now you can add users to the list one by one
10. Enter the new users e-mail address and click add
11. Select how the user should select mail “text/html” and click “add user”
12. When all members have been added, click “do it”
13. Click “main page” on the right
14. Click on “setup” again
15. Now you can create a subscription page if you like for users to subscribe to this list from you webpage.
1. To send mails to a mailing list go to the main menu
2. Click “send” from the main menu or “send message” from the menu on the right
3. Content tab
4. Now you can set the subject of the mail as well as enter the test message.
5. After the message is created up, you can send yourself a test message in order to evaluate it for correctness and get a preview.
6. Save Changes
7. Format tab
8. You can choose whether the mail should be send as text or html or as both
9. Save Changes
10. Attach tab
11. Here you can add attachments by first “Browsing for the file” and then “Add (and save)”
12. Once again you can send yourself a test message to preview.
13. Save Changes
14. Scheduling tab
15. Now this is one of the important parts as you can choose the time you would like the message to be sent.
16. Mailing list Rules:
There is a 200 hourly email limit per domain this limit is also applied towards mailman. If you send over this amount in any hour most of the e-mails will bounce back with a undeliverable error.
Any mailing list larger than 5,000 will require a semi dedicated or dedicated hosting solution from us. Note: dividing one large list into smaller lists to get below this limit is not allowed.
Mailing Lists Rules
1. Anytime you’re sending a message no matter how large your e-mail list is you must throttle it. We recommend you throttle it to at the very least sending 1 email every 6 seconds. If the mailing list software you’re using does not allow you to throttle you must switch to something else. We recommend phplist which can be found in your control panel under fantastico. If you do not throttle and you try sending let’s say 500 emails the server will try sending all 500 in 1 second which is not possible. This will cause the server load to go very high and for the entire server to be sluggish until this process is completed. It is our job to keep the server up and running without being sluggish. Anyone who causes the servers load to go high will be suspended and the process will be terminated. If you choose not to throttle you will most likely be suspended for crashing the server.
2. Any mailing list over 900 emails is only allowed to be sent to during off-peak times to prevent high server loads. Off peak times qualify as all day Saturday and Sunday, and 1am – 8 am eastern time M-F.
3. You are not allowed to mail to a mailing list you were given or purchased. This is spamming because they never agreed to you personally sending them mail. We do not care how you justify it. This is spam and will result in termination of the offending account.
4. Any unsolicited e-mail being sent will result in termination of the offending account. We take a zero tolerance stance against sending of unsolicited e-mail.
5. Any mailling list MUST comply with all guidelines set forth by the United States.
These can be found at:
6. No Direct SMTP mailers are allowed. An example of this is DarkMailer. Any mail should be relayed through the local MTA (localhost:25) for further delivery by the server and not done directly by scripts.
17. Click on “queued” tab to view queued mails.
18. Criteria tab
19. If criteria was setup you can change it here. Criteria can be setup from the main menu “setup”
20. Save Changes
21. Lists tab
22. Here you can specify to which list the current message will be sent.
23. Save the changes.
24. Click the “Send message to the Selected Mailing lists”
25. The mail will now go to the message queue.
26. On main menu click “Messages”